- Somehow the only set of keys to our Highlander got lost between the time Thyrza's son-in-law pulled into our drive-way and Beve took over to back out of it to take the visitors south to SeaTac airport . Four adults, one frail, anicient woman spent over an hour looking for them before they were discovered in the trash bag in the car.
- The number of weeds in our front garden. And my inability to do much about them.
- Deciding last Friday I should make a quilt for Thyrza's daughter, Sandy, who has made a sacrifice of great love in the last year caring for her aging mother, bearing the brunt of Thyrza's forgetfulness, which appears as anger most of the time.
- Also having a quilt to finish for my baby brother's birthday, which is...TOMORROW! YIKES!!!
- The quilting project I planned to do by next week, but certainly won't.
- How messy my house is because of all this quilting.
- How much my body rebels against all this quilting.
- How much my brain wants to work while my body rebels.
- Thyrza's visit went pretty smoothly. Grampie knew her more days than he didn't. At least that's her story, so I'm sticking to it.
- I got Sandy's quilt done. She loved it!
- I'll (hopefully) get BB's quilt done.
- Family guests this weekend (even in my messy house--enter at your own risk!).
- A huge family gathering on Memorial weekend, complete with all three babies of the next generation. I can hardly wait to see them all together. Or to get my hands on them (if they'll let me!). SOOO looking forward to it.
- Many fun outings in the next week. A birthday celebration on Puget Sound. A trip to California for my youngest nephew's high school graduation. Yep, summer is heating up.
- Deep sigh. Of contentment.
Now I've got to go, there's a quilt begging to be made!